$250.00 inc. GST
Emu Heights: Merrick Property Group, 90/84 Old Bathurst Road, Emu Heights, NSW. Sunday November 8, 2020 – 9am to 5.30pm. All courses are socially spaced. Please view our Covid 19 Policy here.
Teaching yoga to teenagers also gives the teacher more opportunities to connect with students in a positive, uplifting way. Both the teacher and the student benefit.
Some key benefits of yoga for teenagers
- Physical strength and flexibility: Teenagers really notice how stiffness affects their bodies after long hours of study and computer work. Yoga is a powerful tool to alleviate this stiffness and discomfort, often in a short space of time.
- Mental focus and stress management: Distractions create all sorts of tensions in teenagers. Specific yoga poses, breathing practices and relaxation/meditation techniques can profoundly change the ability to stay focused and free of stress.
- Inclusiveness: Teenagers can often feel isolated and disconnected, even in this age of social media. By its very nature, yoga aims to bring people together in a comfortable, non-confronting way. Teenagers in particular can feel part of a supportive, non-competitive group.
- Confidence: Adolescence is a time of great upheaval for many. Yoga helps to build confidence, self-esteem and resilience through its many practices and philosophy.
Outline of course
You do not need previous yoga experience to take this course. You will receive full training and support.
Students in this course will learn how to structure yoga sessions aimed specifically at teenagers. You will also receive a training manual covering the course content and video clips of yoga postures.
- Yoga Philosophy and Ethics
- Yoga Postures
- Yoga Games and Sequences
- Breathing Techniques
- Relaxation Techniques
- Classroom Behaviour
- Classroom Environment and Lesson Structure
- Yoga Teaching Practice
If you are interested in our 50 hour course – more information here