Primary 2 (ages 9 to 12)
$199.00 – $250.00
Emu Heights: Merrick Property Group, 90/84 Old Bathurst Road, Emu Heights, NSW. August 18, 2019 – 9am to 5.30pm.
Goulburn: Yoga Presence, 131 Auburn Street, Goulburn, NSW. May 5, 2019 – 9am to 5.30pm.
When you teach yoga to children, you awaken their innate intelligence – as well as your own.
Key benefits of yoga for primary school students
- Resilience and confidence: Preparation for high school and adolescence is an important time to teach children yoga skills that will increase their resilience and confidence.
- Self-esteem and positive self-image: Negative self-image can develop early in life. Yoga helps to build self-esteem and self-acceptance through a variety of postures and techniques.
- Emotional health: Yoga helps kids manage their own emotional ups and downs through simple breathing, movement and relaxation techniques.
- Physical coordination: Yoga teaches body awareness through postures and helps children to build strength and confidence.
“These kids yoga teaching courses are professional, well organised and very practical. I came away with a varied toolkit that allows me to confidently embed yoga in my classroom. Whether it’s a 1-minute calming or energising exercise, or a full yoga class, I now have the background knowledge, skills and practice to successfully to do this.” – Amanda Kenny, Teacher
Outline of course
You do not need previous yoga experience to take this course. You will receive full training and support.
Students in this course will learn how to structure yoga sessions aimed specifically at the
9–12 age group. You will also receive a training manual covering the course content and video clips of yoga postures.
- Yoga Philosophy and Ethics
- Yoga Postures
- Yoga Games and Sequences
- Breathing Techniques
- Relaxation Techniques
- Classroom Behaviour
- Classroom Environment and Lesson Structure
- Yoga Teaching Practice
If you are interested in our 50 hour course – more information here.