Primary 1 (ages 5 to 8)
$199.00 – $250.00
Emu Heights: Merrick Property Group, 90/84 Old Bathurst Road, Emu Heights, NSW. August 11, 2019 – 9am to 5.30pm.
Goulburn: Yoga Presence, 131 Auburn Street, Goulburn, NSW. May 4, 2019 – 9am to 5.30pm.
As a children’s yoga teacher you will definitely grow as an individual, but the upliftment that you get from helping a child to grow is beyond words.
Key benefits of yoga for young primary school students
- Mental and physical refreshment: This 5–8 age group starts to spend more time sitting and using electronic devices, so yoga can provide much needed mental and physical breaks.
- Body awareness: This is often the age where bad posture habits set in, so yoga helps to develop more body awareness, and kids learn how to use their bodies in a healthy way.
- Stress management: Yoga gives powerful ways to manage stress for young children through play, breathing, relaxation and light meditation practices.
- Concentration and focus: Kids can develop much greater focus through listening and following instructions during yoga – and this also helps them with their schoolwork.
Outline of course
You do not need previous yoga experience to take this course. You will receive full training and support.
Students in this course will learn how to structure yoga sessions aimed specifically at the 5–8 age group. You will also receive a training manual covering the course content and video clips of yoga postures.
- Yoga Philosophy and Ethics
- Yoga Postures
- Yoga Games and Sequences
- Breathing Techniques
- Relaxation Techniques
- Classroom Behaviour
- Classroom Environment and Lesson Structure
- Yoga Teaching Practice
If you are interested in our 50 hour course – more information here.