Preschool (ages 3 to 5)
$250.00 inc. GST
Emu Heights: Merrick Property Group, 90/84 Old Bathurst Road, Emu Heights, NSW. August 25, 2019 – 9am to 5.30pm.
Canberra: In Sync Body Mind Life, 2A Barker St Griffith, ACT. November 16, 2019 – 9am to 5.30pm.
As a children’s yoga teacher, you are teaching kids to live a better life – and you will enrich your own life at the same time.
Key benefits of yoga for preschool children
- Development of self-expression: This is a wonderful age to introduce yoga concepts in a fun and creative way, and to awaken a child’s imagination.
- Increases strength, balance and coordination: Young children enjoy balancing poses in particular, and yoga offers lots of playful challenges that strengthen their bodies and develop coordination at the same time.
- Improves focus and concentration: Yoga poses help young children to focus on refining body movements as they perform postures. This ability to focus is reflected later in the classroom.
- Tools to handle stress: Yes, young children can get stressed! Yoga helps through breathing practices, postures and relaxation to calm the mind and nervous system.
Outline of course
You do not need previous yoga experience to take this course. You will receive full training and support.
Students in this course will learn how to structure yoga sessions for preschoolers (specifically the 3–5 years age group). You will also receive a training manual covering the course content and video clips of yoga postures.
- Yoga Philosophy and Ethics
- Yoga Postures
- Yoga Games and Sequences
- Breathing Techniques
- Relaxation Techniques
- Classroom Behaviour
- Classroom Environment and Lesson Structure
- Yoga Teaching Practice