This course covers training to teach yoga to children from age 3 right up to teens.
You do not need previous yoga experience to take this course. You will receive full training and support. You will also receive a training manual covering the course content and video clips of yoga postures.
Students in this course will learn how to structure yoga sessions aimed specifically at:
- 5-8 age group (day 1 of training)
- 9-12 age group (day 2 of training)
- 3-5 age group (day 3 of training)
- Teens (day 4 of training)
- 20 hours online work (Class Planning and Assessments) – see below.
Those wishing to complete the 50-hour program will also need to complete the following:
- Extra reading
- Complete worksheets based on the reading
- Attend five kids yoga classes online or in person and fill out feedback sheets
- Plan, teach and record a 30 minute Kids Yoga Class
- Yoga Philosophy and Ethics
- Yoga Postures
- Yoga Games and Sequences
- Breathing Techniques
- Relaxation Techniques
- Classroom Behaviour
- Classroom Environment and Lesson Structure
- Yoga Teaching Practice
Venue: Variable – Please check website
Cost: $1250 unless booking during early bird period. Check dates and costs of individual courses. Book in to all four courses plus Class Planning and Assessments.
- Face to Face attendance: 30 hours
- Reading: 5 hours
- Completing Worksheets: 3 hours
- Attending, watching and reporting on 5 Kids classes 10 hours
- Planning Final Class: 2 hours
Total: 50 hours
Time Limit to Complete: 6 months from completion of fourth workshop.