This course covers training to teach yoga to children from age 3 right up to teens.
You do not need previous yoga experience to take this course. You will receive full training and support. You will also receive a training manual covering the course content and video clips of yoga postures. Yoga Teachers registered with Yoga Australia who complete the 50 hour course are eligible to be Registered Children’s Yoga Teachers with Yoga Australia.
Students in this course will learn how to structure yoga sessions aimed specifically at:
- 5-8 age group (day 1 of training)
- 9-12 age group (day 2 of training)
- 3-5 age group (day 3 of training)
- Teens (day 4 of training)
- 20 hours online work – see below.
Those wishing to complete the 50-hour program will also need to complete the following:
- Extra reading
- Complete worksheets based on the reading
- Attend five kids yoga classes and fill out feedback sheets
- Pass an assessment at the Class Planning and Assessment Course.
- Yoga Philosophy and Ethics
- Yoga Postures
- Yoga Games and Sequences
- Breathing Techniques
- Relaxation Techniques
- Classroom Behaviour
- Classroom Environment and Lesson Structure
- Yoga Teaching Practice
Course Hours: 9-5.30pm
Venue: Variable – Please check website
Cost: $1250 unless booking during early bird period. Check dates and costs of individual courses.
- Total Course Attendance Hours: 37.5 hours
- Attending, watching and reporting on classes 5 hours
- Reading: 3.5 hours
- Completing Worksheets: 2 hours
- Planning Final Class: 2 hours
Total: 50 hours
Time Limit to Complete: 1 year from date of first workshop completed.
NESA points for 50 Hour Course: 30 (Note that the online component of the course is not covered by NESA)